Port Charlotte was a Scotch whisky distillery on the island of Islay, off the west coast of Scotland. The distillery was based in the village of Port Charlotte on the grounds of the former Lochindaal Distillery 2 miles (3 kilometres) southwest from the Bruichladdich distillery. Port Charlotte Distillery was a purpose-built distillery, founded in 1829, which was still in operation until 1929. It was formerly called the Lochindaal distillery. The distillery was located in the center of Port Charlotte village. After various owners, the distillery was finally closed in 1929. However, the buildings have remained intact

Port Charlotte

  • Scotland